Document Collections on MLK and RFK Assassinations
The Mary Ferrell Foundation has launched a major project to put online documents related to the 1968 assassinations of civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr. and Senator Robert F. Kennedy. These murders turned 1968 into a year of tragedy and political upheaval. Like the JFK assassination, the official solutions to these crimes has failed to explain all the evidence.
Courtesy of the Assassination Archives and Research Center, the MFF has obtained the following collections:
- HSCA Volumes. Parallel to the 12 volumes on JFK's assassination, these volumes detail the HSCA's investigations and hearings into King's murder.
- FBI MURKIN Files. Some of the FBI's files related to the hunt for James Earl Ray and other investigative matters are online.
- Trial of Sirhan Sirhan. Full transcript of the trial and related court proceedings.
- Appeal Documents. Court filings and other appeal documents
- FBI Los Angeles Field Office files on the RFK assassination.
- The voluminous LAPD "Special Unit Senator" RFK files.
- Lawrence Teeter's "Writ of Habeas Corpus" asking for a new trial for Sirhan Sirhan.
We have also reorganized the Books and Essays sections into categories, to make browsing and searching more productive. Also, the Multimedia Archive has been reorganized and updated with a variety of videos related to the 1968 assassinations.
In the coming weeks, look for these upcoming document collections and related changes to the MFF website.